Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Which Batman Do You Like Better: Michael Keaton Or Christian Bale?

So I have been asked the question: What is it about Batman, Superman, and Spider Man that make them so interpretive? And I can think of some of my own thoughts and possible answers to this question. Though I am someone who really isn't that in to superheros or comic books, I am an avid movie goer - I can't think of a better place to go than the movies. I have seen every installation of The Dark Knight Saga (mostly because Christian Bale is super attractive and plays a pretty rad Batman), I watched Smallville (a TV series about the life of Clark Kent), and I have seen all of the Spider Man movies (including the most recent and AWESOME movie: The Amazing Spider Man).

When if comes to the Batman movies, I think that they only get better over time because of the special effects and cinematography, not to mention there are so many different villains from from the original comics that they can be placed in a butt load of different movies, which brings me to my own answer: Considering the large amounts of Batman comics there are, they have enough characters, plots, and material in general to make as many films as they have, and each movie is always new and extremely exciting.


When Michael Keaton (no one can argue that Michael Keaton may have been the best Batman of all time) played Batman 1989 and again in 1992 in Batman Returns, this was the best thing to ever happen to Batman! It was new and exciting, and it makes sense that within the next 20 years it would have to be remade, like all originals from this time period. How could a director just let Batman and Batman Returns sit in a vault for the rest of forever, when there are so many new concepts, special effects, and cinematography being created that will only make this superhero even more awesome. I know I only used Batman as an example, but these things are why I believe these superheros can be interpreted in so many ways. With time comes movie evolution, and since these movies have always been such a big hit, they will only keep adding new installments. I mean, that ending of The Dark Knight Rises??? HOW CAN YOU NOT MAKE ANOTHER INSTALLMENT? I am so excited for it, if you can't tell by my obnoxious caps.


While researching for an official answer, I found an article talking about future installments for the Batman franchise. Christopher Nolan, the writer and director of The Dark Knight Saga, states:

"[The Dark Knight Rises] is the end of our take on the character. ... Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. ... Warners will have to decide in the future what they’re going to do with him.” 
Basically. all writers and directors have their own takes on these superheros, and they will interpret them the way they wish to. With the infinitive amount of material that they have, these interpretations will live on forever.

Oh, and a final thought: While researching, I noticed Superman hasn't had a movie in literally forever, but keep calm my readers, in June 2013 Man Of Steel will be premiering in a theater near you! Who is playing Clark Kent you ask? Henry Cavill, probably someone you are not too familiar with, but he acted in Tristan + Isolde, Red Riding Hood, and Immortal. With Clark Kent always comes Lois Lane, who is going to be played by Amy Adams, who also starred in Julie & Julia, The Fighter, and Leap Year. Other actors who are going to be in this flick that you would know of include: Russel Crowe, Michael Shannon (from the best show ever, Boardwalk Empire), Diane Lane, and Kevin Costner - there's no doubt this movie is going to be awesome.





Man Of Steel (2013) Trailer I seriously got goosebumps watching this.
Directed by Zack Snyder (who also directed Watchmen)
Produced by Christopher Nolan (director of The Dark Knight Saga)

Jefferey, Peterson. "What Does the Future Hold for Batman, the 'Dark Knight' Saga and the Justice League?" Salt Lake City and Utah Breaking News, Sports, Entertainment and News Headlines. Deseret News, 1 Aug. 2012. Web. 20 Nov. 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment